Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 2 February 2014

Vapnartak 2014... A grand day out.

A good trip to York today, I went a couple of years ago and had to battle through snow, very different this year, parked up ok and to the entrance just after 10am , where there was a queue. It did seem pretty busy. But there seemed to me a lot of the "same" and less diversity.

I get through the doors to be greeted with this sight. Sorry folks..







Our very own Loki... Unchained from his painting garret.

Obviously painting that ruddy spider and bucket loads of Nubians is really talking its toll...he woke up when I told him I need more Out Of Ammo markers for our next Blog Con meet up , as based on the standard of shooting by the lads last time I did not have enough. Seriously though Andrew, great to meet up again.

Alright , so what else did I get. Sarissa Precision were there in person, so I was able to look at all their buildings in the flesh. I sourced extra bits to make Chinatown. Also some more terrain bits and varnish etc.





There were a number of eye candy games , I do wish a little more effort was made on communications about them. The Wake Island 192? Was my favourite












































I met up with a number of old friends for a chat and to plan some meet ups later in the year.

All in all a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment